Ok... it's been ages since I last blogged... I feel the guilt don't worry :D. In between times I was on work placement in Cheltenham. When I was on placement it occured to me how much I missed hand drawing things. I spent most of my time at a mac screen which is no bad thing at all, and I really appreciated the opportunity to see how a design studio works... but i missed just drawing... so maybe I want to be an illustrator after all... So despite completely confusing me over my Graphic Design practice, and what I generally want to do in life (BIG questions lol), it did however give me a better idea for my dissertation... The idea of writing it on the ethics of alcohol advertising never sat completely right with me. It didn't exactly grab my attention. So I'm thinking of resubmitting my proposal form with a title that questions hand rendered graphic design's place in a computer driven age. I was always reluctant to design on a computer... which is quite worrying for someone that wants to be a graphic designer but meh... And so I think it'd be an interesting topic to cover... I mean, you have illustrators like Hennie Haworth and Travis Millard who hand render everything... but then there's illustrators/graphic novelists like Frazer Irving that illustrate largely in Photoshop.
Anyhoo... This is a bit of work from Kate Jenkins from 'Cardigan'... I dunno what it's classed as... maybe craft or something... but it's pretty and I like it :D